Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My First blog

Good Morning Cyberspace,

This is my very first blog Entry. It's a little after 7 in the Morning and I been up a hour or so... Today was the kids first day back to school after the holiday's. Well 2 kids went.. My boys... the girls have Their First Dental Appointments this morning. This should be a adventure....Ummm Not!.

Back home NY They Did not see you till I think 6 or so.. and even then the Waite list for dentist was Crazy. The only one Taking kids was a few hour drive.. SOOO Not driving a few hours for a dentist. So We will see how this goes with 3 very Rambunctious girls, Thank god My mom is coming along so My husband can stay home just in case it takes longer then expected.. someone has to be here for the boys rite?

Well a little about me for those of you who well... Do not know me.
I'm a 33 yr old Mom of 5 1/2 kids.. YUP the 1/2 is my husband. sometimes he's worse then the kids, but arn't ll hubbies? My kids are 2 boys ages 12 and 9. and 3 girls ges 8, 6 and 4.
I am a born n raised in Upstate NY (down here in the south Im considerd a Yankee lol).
we moved from NY bout 3 yrs ago to "sunny" georgia. Not to far from the Alabma boarder.. You serriously can SNEEZE and just bout miss that your in AL as well as in the central time zone. (now that is weird).. (Funny you cn step on one side n say IT"S 4pm.. NO it's 3pm.. NO its 4pm.. no 3pm. lol.. (yes i actualy did that nd my kids thought mom finaly lost it).

Well anyway.. lol. I love it in ga most the time. I do not miss the snow or cold.. even thou today it feels like I'm home.. it's a bitter 18* out.. feels like 8 with the windchill.. I think all my NY friends are cursing me n sent me this cold weather. But I miss my friends and family back home, esp my BFF Sarah and her family. Life in the south is Very intresting. You'd not think it be any diffrent then anywhere else.. but in a way it is.. Esp when I get Funny Looks beacuse of MY accent... (I have a accent? when that happen)

Whats so diffrent? well FOOD! lol. there are things i just can't find here. and i get the looks of Total confusion when i go to "wolly world" or piggly wiggly (yup a store called piggly wiggly).
For exzample.... not long after moving here.. I wanted to make "salt potatoes" (for those of you who do not know what they are.. they are the little round pottoes.. cooked in a big pot with lots of salt I think sea salt not sure... but you.. then drain, cut and slather with butter.) well .. I wanted some of them to go with our dinner. so I go to walmart Expecting to find them. I can't? so i ask the guy working in the veggie department.. and he is like.. "you want what?". "salt potatoes" i said. "what the hell is that" he said, so I explin to him.. "the little round tatters you cook in a big pot of salt water"...
"he said never heard of that" "can't u use the little red potatoes n dump salt in a pot n get the same thing?"

Then the Pizza dough Incident . how hard is it to understand someone asking for a ball of pizza dough? I am the daughter of a Former pizza maker.. My dad made pizza for a local bar back home in broome countie called Kelly's for something like 20 yrs.. , and my dad made dang good pizza.. and he taught me how to make them. Ask any of my friends.. My pizza is gooooooood. well.. back to my storie. I went to walmart (notice a trend here.. w.a.l.m.a.r.t). and i was looking for the balls of dough I always buy from walmart (the walmart back home).. and i can't find it.. now considering it's typicaly in the deli area.. i ask.. n the girl gives me this Glazed over confussed look. "a ball of dough".... "yes I want a ball of Pizza dough"..... The girl "what's that". "what's a ball of dough? i ask" "its the big round blob of dough you have BEFORE you roll it into pizza" i reply. "oh we don't sell anything like that i dont think".. She gose to get someone else and They come back OHHH YEA we have that lemme show u". (yes this is going to be good just waite for it)... This Dumbell Takes me to the area EGGS are and hands me a friggin POP N FRESH Pilsbury biscut can.. n says "here you go is this theDough". i said" YOU KIDING ME this is not pizza dough.. this is friggin The pillsbury dough boy crap. I want Dough.. the crap you have before you bake a big loaf of bread.""they come in 1 pound balls".. I left more fustrated then the potatoe incident.

So of course No Homemade pizza for us that night. but My Cousin heard of my problem finding Dough nd told me what store sells it.. THANK YOU PUBLIXS and Cousin Buddie. so we finaly got our home made pizza... but now i do not even do that.. i got me a bread maker and I mix my own dough now and man is it ever yummy... kids love it when we go out to "momma hut"

What elese is diffrent Southern Living... LMAO.. omg.. I got sick of being home all the time and not having money of my own.. so i got a job 3rd shift at Mcdonalds, Mainly so i can be home days with the kids (total mistake).. well I discoverd SWEET TEA. Never had it. Apparently in the south Sweet tea is a whole drink of it's own. Now i hav had Sun-tea. (brewd tea cooled and sugar added.. or plain if you like that). My BFF Sarah. and My Other Friend Beth.. Both their moms ALWAYS had it.. Beth's mom always had a big jug on her back porch in the summer Slow seepin. .. I swear they drank it by the gallon. (Love ya mom Nan ;))... but apparently in the south it's called SWEET TEA.. and it's not even the same as "ice tea". but Ask Nan or sarah.. lol would Annmarie EVER touch sun/brewd tea.? HELL NO!. NASTY.. Gimme a can of Lipton Lemon sugar tea mix N i'm happy.

Well I was asked at work to go back n make sure the tea had sugar in it.. I'm like HELL NO. i hate brewd tea. NASTY! well I guess you do not tell a manager NO.. but I did.. Told her Unless you want me to Puke on your shoes YOU taste it.. I do not like brewd tea.... She then Told me taste it or else (playfully) "you may find that you actualy like it".. well i sucked it up cause NO ONE ElSE would try it. cause they don't like it either. well I tell you what.. That stuff is Crack in a cup!. who woula thunk it! Annmarie Drinking BREWD TEA!.. now of course I put lots of sugar in it..

Those of you who don't know Mcdonalds puts entire bag of sugar in their big erns of tea!. but Heck it's Yummy. So for those of you who always wounderd.. yes.. Sweet tea, sun tea and Ice tea are ALL DIFFY! lol.. so nextime I'm home or if i go visit "Mom nan" I'll actualy Proly Drink the tea now lol.

other things diffy in the south.. SPEACH! lol. You hear Phrases like "the store is over there yander" or "go mash that button will ya" (tht is one hubby said an still says nd it bugs the hell out of me)... I came home from work one night n said to joe. "OMG I stumbled into Joeyland" he ask me what i meant and i told him "THEY SAID GO MASH THAT BUTTON" he cracked up.. cause he knows It drives me nuts to use the word mash like that. just sounds nasty "go mash that button" I mashed the handle" EWWWW.

well anywho lol. man this is fun.. who woulda thunk it!

more bout me? ok Lets see i coverd that i am married with 5 1/2 kids rite?? lol
well Im also "mom" to 2 cats. spooky and Onyx , 4 Ferrets Emilie,Buster,saber and Skittles. and 6 Turtles.. 5 of wich are just lil baby turtles... we plan on someday building a lil pond in our backyard for them..

I LOVE to Read, esp James patterson, I'm a Twilight Nut! GO TEAM EDWARD. I love vampire stories.. nother good one is House of night.. Gimme a book and quite and I can knock that sucker out.... I read the entire Twilight series in like 2 weeks (got kids so not bad) and i read all the harry potters in about the same time span. Hubby thinks im nuts. he can't see how i can read so much.

I also do many Crafty things. I Cross stich. althou i have not done it in ages.. but I know how to. My bff sarh and her mom Lynne Taught me yrs ago. (I LOVE YOU MOM N SARAH)
I also Plastic canvis (also taught by Mom and sarah). I Started to sew.. something I always wanted to do. ever since discovering my mom's old singer sewing machine as a kid. The one that sits inside a table.. yea it was a cool machine. well Hubby bought me machine like 11 yrs ago and i never learn how to realy use it. I just would sew 4 stright lines n such.. use it to mend pants n rips.. nothing crafty... but after i got Ferrets I started to sew them bedding (can't go wrong with 4 straight lines). Mom Lynne was supose to show me how to realy use it but I moved :(. but I found finaly free sewing class's up the road.. I'm gonna go to my fist class tonight!.

i also Crochet.. that is my main addiction. I love to crochet. Smething bout taking a ball of yarn and turning it into a blanket, hat or other work of art is just so much fun.
I love making hats for my daughters, and Cousin's kids(i have yet to send them to her lol)
I also have made a lot of afghans. but never worked with patterns till recent. I use to just get yarn.. Chain the length i want n Stich.. n design as i go (also called wingin it)
but I just started to learn how to do items from a pattern.. sooo

Rite now my WIPS (works in progress) are..... ATW afghan that can be found here.
http://happyyellowhouse.com/htm/atw.html
I'm a little over 300 squars into it. it's about 1073 squares

as well as Just hats in general, I do not have a specific one.. I usalystart out with a base pattern for a benie n just wing it from there to make unique hats.

Also I am working on a shawl for my mom.

and I just learn to Tusisan crochet... and I'm going to start making "graphghans" Tusisan is sO much fun!. Next im going to learn to Cro'hook

well That is it for now. I'll have a entry later when I see how the girls Dental gose.. I may have pics too

No comments:

Post a Comment